The One True God loves us and desires a relationship with us.
He created us.
However, we have a problem - a sin problem.
We have chosen our own selfish way over God's way.
We deserve punishment...we deserve death.
What is this love? It is the Gospel! What is the Gospel?
The Gospel (Good News) - 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
- Jesus is the God the Son, the Word
- Jesus was born of a virgin
- Jesus lived a sinless life
- Jesus Christ died for our sins according the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:3)
- Jesus was buried, and he rose again on the third day, according to the Scriptures
- He appeared to His disciples
- He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father
- He will come again
So, what must you do to be saved? The Bible tells us to:
- First, understand that we are a sinner, deserving of death, and need a Savior (Romans 3:23)
- To confess that Jesus is Lord, and that in Him alone we will be saved (Romans 10:9-10)
- Realizing that we are saved by grace through faith, and it is not of our own works, but a free gift from God (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We are born again, and God places His Holy Spirit within us (John 3:3, 2 Corinthians 1:22)
- Get into a Bible believing, Bible teaching church - spending time with other believers in Jesus Christ will encourage, edify, and comfort you, along with helping you to grow.
- Pray - have a conversation with God. This does not need to be formal prayers that you may have heard before, but talk to Him as He is your friend
- Read the Bible - want to know God more? Read what He has inspired His people to write.